Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Is being BUSY and ADDICTION?

I do not have any of the usual distractions that occupy me in New York City. I am not currently going to a daily workplace, not sorting through mail, not taking phone calls, not checking e mail very often, and not around most of the people in life with whom I have ongoing and intense relationships....I have lots of time, to prepare myself for the performances, to exercise, walk around Edinburgh, eat, and just be....sounds like heaven does it? well I can tell you, it's been a little hard. Being busy in New York distracts me from myself. Here I am constantly having to face myself moment to moment and that is sometimes tough. Sometimes I notice my mind saying "everything is going far too well, what sort of problems can I conjure?" I am working hard on learning to tolerate and even enjoy being happy, and being LESS busy....anyone relate to this??
Please comment

3 Comments:

Blogger RM said...

As someone who enjoys solitude I can say to you to not to be afraid of this new emotional space... there is much that can be born out of this space. I am reminded of a lyric to a beautiful song I heard recently.. that "there is more to see than can ever be seen in life" and that "there is more to take in than can ever be taken in".. this perspective helps me to see how vast and expansive life can be and I try to relate to each new space in life with that spirit.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Yes, Paul, I can relate. It's considerably easier, but less challenging and less satisfying to be busy with the routines of daily life. There's a surface sense of accomplishment. Being, in itself, can be a challenge. It's not what you're accustomed to, and therefore it's good you're paying attention to the differece between these two perspectives. In some ways, for a brief time; that is, "right now," you have everything you want and need. Peace to you both.

4:13 PM  
Blogger traceable said...

paul, wonderful to hear that your life is in a different space allowing for new thoughts, creativity, ideas and a new sense of your ever-evolving self to emerge. congratulations.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home