Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Preparing for Edinburgh

Murray and I, the performers in Two Men Talking, are currently preparing for Edinburgh. We are working with our director Dan Milne who has come from London, in New York City. I am currently investigating what it means to be the son of a mother as distinct from the son of a father. Also the role of gay men as fathers in our communities. Meaning the archetypal fathering role, whether or not we have our own biological children. Perhaps Two Men Talking is an exercise in fathering? Every performance cycle is different and Edinburgh raises new questions and new territories to be explored. I am excited.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Browde said...

Listening shapes the telling. I am currently in Croatia, preparing myself for the deep listening required for 2 Men Talking. I am excited and in a state of wonder, What will the conversation be like when Murray and I get together in Edinburgh. What will Edinburgh evoke and what stories will it shape?
Paul

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home