Saturday, April 12, 2008

Miracle

Last night during the performance it struck me that it's not only a coincidence that Murray and I re-connected in New York after not having seen one another since childhood, but what a miracle it is that any of us are alive at the same time. Any of us...and by that I mean me, and you! I can explain to you why the odds of our co-existing at this moment in time are far lower than the odds of winning the lottery. We could all be in a state of awe and wonder all the time, even on the subway each morning, we could be saying to one another "what a miracle that we are alive at the same moment, and that we've actually come into contact"....but we tend not to be present to that miracle, to say the least. We tend to take our lives for-granted. At least I do, most of the time.
Would love to write more, but am off to perform Two Men Talking.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Transplante de Cabelo said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Adams said...

It's wonderous, and it's also nerve-wracking. It's exciting and dreadful. There are so many moments to be present in [in passing ;)]. So many opportunities... to take and to wallow with and to... etc etc etc

HOWEVER, what I was wanting to catch you for, is because I have an A4 piece of paper that says:

"I've stood in front of audiences, to start telling the story and I can't. I can't. It's just not going to work. You can feel that the energy's not right. I'm not going to speak into that listening. So, listening has a shape and I think the listening shapes the speaking... I would say all people want to tell their story. I just think it's about finding the right kind of listening to allow people to tell their story."

Paul Browde, therapist New York.

So... Here at Relationships Australia in South Australia, the concept of the shape of listening has quite a life..., and I'm wanting to write about it... and all I have is this A4 piece of paper... Is the "shape of listening" an expression that came to you, or does it have a documented prior history? ;)

Would love it if you could help me out. hope all is great. cheers :)

Roxanne Adams
daughter of Claire and Suzy
sister of Amy
employee of Relationships Australia (SA)!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

We met at Rowe Camp...great story/performance. If you are headed back to SA, please look up Sonke Gender Justice Network http://www.genderjustice.org.za/ and give my regards to Dean Peacock.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home